Saturday, July 13, 2013

Linens and Chartres

I was reading on  pinterest an article about changing linens once a week-good plan.  Then it recommended  rotating clean sheets with fresher ones on the bottom in the linen closet.    I've always thought what a waste of time ,energy, and space this practice is.  I own one set of sheets, wash them and put them back on the bed-freshly dried.  No rotating to do, no linen closet, and no folding!
With that off my chest, I'll  get back to Paris and Chartres.  We rode the train  from Paris to Chartres on Wednesday, spent the night  in a former monastery, and returned on Thursday. The town was so quiet and uncrowded making me realize that I've become somewhat accustomed to the busyness of Paris!
Our visit was so relaxing and the cathedral was as beautiful and inspiring a everyone had told us it would be.  You could feell the Lord and imagine h worship of the pilgrims since the twelft  century.  It has the lageet collection of medieval stained glass in Europe.  The Chartres blue is especially lovely and renowned.

No comments:

Post a Comment